Frequency Asked Questions (excludes Hormone Therapy)
1. What do we mean by holistic approach?
We mean a more complete package, which focuses not just on single treatments but advises on a lifestyle, which will help to prevent your skin from ageing prematurely. We support evidence based medicine and not therapies of unproven efficiency.
2. How long will wrinkle relaxing injections last ?
On average treatments will last 4 – 6 months depending on your body and how much you use your facial muscles and how quickly your body adapts to the injection and it’s ability to building new receptors.
3. How long will dermal fillers usually last for?
The effects of each injection normally last around nine months.
4. How do wrinkle relaxing injections work?
They smoothen existing wrinkles and help to reduce the amount of new lines forming on your face.
5. How long does it take for the wrinkle relaxing injections to work?
It can take up around 14 days to see the results after your treatment.
6. How long does it take for the dermal filler injections to work?
Dermal fillers normally work immediately after your treatment.
7. What is the difference between a wrinkle-relaxing treatment and a dermal filler?
Wrinkle-relaxing treatments relax the muscle under the skin to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. A dermal filler is a gel injected into the skin that will temporary fill facial lines and wrinkles.
8. What is skin treatment aftercare?
This is skin-health advice and guidance on how to care for the treated skin to avoid damage or discomfort after your treatment.
9. What is a skin treatment consent form?
This is a legal document which you sign before your treatment to ensure you understand the terms of recieving the skin treatment.
10. What happens if I make a booking payment and wish to cancel 48hours before treatment is due?
This is fine, we can refund your payment to your bank account within 5 working days. Please note that PayPal charges 5% for transaction fees which will be deducted from your refunded payment.
11. Who administers the wrinkle-relaxing treatments?
At mSkin your treatment will only ever be administered by a doctor.
12. Who shouldn’t have wrinkle-relaxing treatments?
Studies have not been performed on women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is best avoided during this time.
If you have any neuromuscular disorders or defects, like myasthenia gravis, Eaton Lambert or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, wrinkle-relaxing treatments are contraindicated (mSkin wouldn’t be able to treat you).
If you have any known hypersensitivity to any excipients of the formula wrinkle-relaxing treatments are contraindicated (mSkin wouldn’t be able to treat you).
If there is infection on proposed injection sites, wrinkle-relaxing treatments are contraindicated (mSkin wouldn’t be able to treat you).
It is not recommended for those persons with prolonged bleeding time, i.e. if you’re taking Warfarin, Aspirin or similar medication or have a bleeding disorder.
It is not recommended if you have a history of dysphagia or Aspiration.
It is not recommended for persons under 18 years old.
13. Do men have dermal fillers and wrinkle-relaxing injections?
Yes, it’s becoming increasingly common.
14. Why do we produce news articles?
By using articles we try to keep our web site interesting for you with latest news within the beauty industry. Wherever we can we try to validate our site with latest scientific research. However some of these new products and treatments have been around for a short time and there may not be enough research to proof the benefits or risks. We cannot comment on their efficiency and we do not recommend their use.